Welcome to the May-June issue of der Bayerische!
Spring has sprung and summer isn’t that far behind. With the arrival of the new season, we have planted lots of events for you – both virtual and in person. Please check our website calendar regularly as we keep adding new events that will inspire you to get into the driver’s seat of your favorite BMW.
National Capital Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America is pleased to announce details for our 2021 Annual Meeting & Club Picnic!
Date: Sunday, August 15th, 2021
Time: 10am to 3pm
Location: Smokey Glen Farm
16395 Riffle Ford Rd (The Barn area)
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
With the country slowly coming out of a pandemic, we chose a totally different format and venue for this event than in prior years. The Barn area at Smokey Glen is the perfect venue to showcase our cars, socially distance ourselves, enjoy great BBQ, win prizes and have some fun amongst family and friends!
This year’s big winner will be able to choose their own prize from the list below:
2021 O’Fest Forever social package
Ten (10) 2021 BMW CCA raffle tickets
2022 ///M Club Day (1 day school)
2022 HPDE weekend
2022 Autocross season subscription
Join us for a fun morning with fellow BMW enthusiasts at our BMW CCA Cars & Coffee at Passport BMW! We’ll also get a chance to tour the state-of-the-art Passport Collision Center, directly across the street. In addition, we are excited to announce our first NCC New Member event of the year. Whether you’ve recently joined CCA, haven’t attended any events, or just want to find out what we do, this event is for you! Prizes and lunch is included for all new members.
Registration via MSR is required for the New Member event, so use the link below to sign up.
This Saturday, June 19 from 12 – 2PM, we will conduct the fourth NCC Karting 2021 event at United Karting – BWI. Come out for some competitive fun on the Karting Track.
Here’s your chance to improve your driving skills in the latest M cars at speed on the track using their vehicles, their gas, their brakes, and their tires! You can’t beat the price of this deal, so sign up immediately to guarantee your spot.
Fall, Oct 30 & 31 Register
More information is located here on the National Capital Chapter ///M Club Day website.
In case you need some encouragement to join us again this year, here is a short video we shot at the Performance Center: So ‘Why Don’t You’ come and drive with us this year!
8/14 Autocross Points Event #3
9/11 Autocross Points Event #4
10/2 Autocross Points Event #5
More info http://nccautocross.com/
Celebrating the first anniversary of our sim racing program!
Please visit Facebook for weekly announcements.
Please mark your calendar and help spread the word!
NCC BMW CCA Sim Racing Program – 2021 Summer Season Race Format:
|Wednesday Unofficial Race Format (starting at 7:00 PM EST):|
|7:00-8:30||90 min Open Practice|
|8:30-9:00||30 min Open Qualifying|
|9:00-9:15||15 min Unofficial Race #1 (reverse grid)|
|9:15-9:30||15 min Unofficial Race #2 (also reverse grid)|
Thursday Official Race Format (starting at 7:00 PM EST):
|7:00-8:00||60 min Open Practice|
|8:00-8:30||30 min Open Qualifying|
|8:30||Drivers Meeting (during formation lap)|
|8:30-9:00||30 min OFFICIAL RACE!|
|9:00-9:30||Post Race Discussion on Discord (via Voice Channel)|
Other race information:
- Weekly announcements via iRacing email will go out on Sundays. It is important that you check and read these weekly emails.
- We will also use dedicated Discord channel for the league communication. It is encouraged to use Discord’s Voice channel (if you are comfortable) during the league hosted sessions.
- Car: M8 GTE
- Time of Day (TOD) will vary (unless night race is announced)
- Weather: automatically generated
- Track condition: marbles will be cleaned between the sessions
- Fuel level: 10 gal.
- Setup: OPEN
- Fast repairs: 2
- Start type: standing start on Wednesday night and rolling start on Thursday night
- Incident penalty system (drive-through penalty): first 17x then 8x thereafter
- Points system: top 15 drivers awarded with points linearly (i.e. 15 down to 1)
- BMW CCA membership is currently NOT required to join the league (however it may change in the future).
- You must join our iRacing league to participate, please seach and apply under BMW CCA NCC League in iRacing.
- You must have iRacing Road Racing license class of D or higher AND safety rating (SR) of 3.00 or higher to be accepted into the league.
- You must have a good, working headset with a microphone to participate in order to communicate with other drivers. Please do a mic check when you join the session.
BASIC LEAGUE RULES:
- This is a friendly, community-based, non-contact sim racing league (i.e. no hitting!)
- Blocking: there's NO blocking in this league.
- Flag rule: in this league, if you're under the Blue flag (i.e. you're a lap down, etc.) then you must YIELD to the faster car coming up behind you where it's safe to do so and yield quickly. If you can, try to use iRacing radio button to communicate that you see them and let them pass where, etc.
- You must respect other drivers’ skill levels and speed – i.e. yield when/where you can, make safe and clean pass when/where you can, etc.
- When entering the hot track from the pit, always check your mirror and use iRacing’s Relative blackbox for incoming traffic. Wait if you have to, and do not swerve over to racing line immediately, always stay off line until the next corner.
- During formation or parade lap (for rolling start), swerving or weaving, slamming on the brakes is prohibited. Please leave enough space in front and side of your car at all time and be careful not to hit other cars.
- Your actions will be monitored and noted, certainly in the first 2 laps and will be reviewed by your fellow drivers after the race if you cause incident(s).
- Similarly, at any time, if you drive overly aggressive and cause incidents to others (i.e. knocking them out of race, etc.) then you may be asked to sit out the next race.
- Intentional targeting, hitting, or retaliation will not be tolerated.
- If some of these rules are frequently violated and ignored, then you can be removed from this league!
- Remember, race hard but keep it CLEAN. Be nice to each other. We are in this together!
“The cars may be virtual, but the race is REAL!”
NCC Sim Racing Team - email@example.com
We are pleased to partner with Craftsman Auto Care as we reopen the DIY program.
The location of the Craftsman location in NOVA will be shared with you after approved registration and one week prior to the event.
General information on the DIY program can be viewed at https://www.nccbmwcca.org/diy/
We have made significant changes to the program in response to the pandemic. Please note these changes in the requirements section.
*New Event Location*: We have a new venue this year – Occoquan Regional Park in Lorton, Virginia. The venue is easily reached via Interstate I-95 or Virginia Rt. 123.
The Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance is an automotive party featuring fine German collector vintage and modern cars arrayed around Occoquan Regional Park in Lorton, Virginia. Car owners, and those who adore their cars, gather for a day of mutual admiration and relaxed camaraderie while guest judges review and critique the participants’ cars.
This year will represent the 37th time that we have gathered members of the National Capital Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America (BMWCCA) and the Greater Washington Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA) for this terrific show.
NEW PANDEMIC POLICY – NO EXCEPTIONS – READ CAREFULLY:
THE ONLY WAY TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT IS ONLINE AND IN ADVANCE.
NO ONE WILL ENTER YOUR CAR IN THE SHOW OR SELL YOU ADDITIONAL AWARDS RECEPTION TICKETS AT THE EVENT.
TO FACILITATE JUDGING (OPENING DOORS/TRUNKS, RAISING TOPS, ETC.), YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO TURN ON YOUR CAR, MOVE IT FORWARD A FEW FEET FOR THE JUDGES, AND THEN MOVE IT BACK INTO THE PARKING SPOT. PLEASE: DO NOT HOLD UP THE JUDGING BY DISAPPEARING.
MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
Event Chairman – John McWilliams — firstname.lastname@example.org
NCCers, here’s your chance to see photo(s) of your car(s) in our chapter magazine, der Bayerische! We’re planning on starting a new, regular pictorial feature: “The Many Cars of NCC”. Submit your publication-quality, high-resolution photos to email@example.com. Please include pertinent info: your name, the make, model, and year of the car, the name of the photographer, and event date & location. Please make sure you have the photographer’s permission for us to publish the photo. Selected photos will appear in a group pictorial in an upcoming issue.
If you’d like to write an article about your car(s) or your motorsports endeavors, we welcome that too! See our dB Article Submission Guidelines and feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The National Capital Chapter (NCC) of the BMW Car Club of America (BMW CCA) is searching for a new Chairperson to head our Social Activities. As the largest BMW CCA chapter with more than 100+ event days per year, we always have something going on for our fellow car enthusiasts.
- Well organized and familiar with NCC programs and car enthusiasts.
- The proven ability to work well with others, handle tight deadlines, and by taking diversity into account, further deepen a sense of membership.
- Develop and execute cross-program activities for membership base
- Welcome and orient new members into the NCC
- Maintain social calendar and coordinate promotion with various club media (der Bayerische (dB) newsletter, website, social media, email blasts, etc)
This position will report directly to the NCC Board of Directors and has the flexibility to build their team immediately. Please send your resume to Paul Seto, Paul.Seto@nccbmwcca.org, immediately to schedule an interview.