BMW CCA NCC Winter 2020-2021 league format
|Wednesday unofficial race night format (starting at 8 PM EST):|
|8:40-8:50||Lone Qualifying (best out of 3 laps)|
|8:50-9:05||Unofficial Race #1 (reverse grid) then 5 min break|
|9:10-9:25||Unofficial Race #2 (also reverse grid)|
Thursday official race night format (starting at 7 PM EST):
|8:00||Drivers Meeting #1 (prior to qual)|
|8:30||Drivers Meeting #2 (during formation)|
|9:00-9:30||Post Race Discussion on Discord (via Voice Channel)|
OTHER RACE INFORMATION:
- Weekly announcements via iRacing email will go out on Sundays. It is important that you check and read these weekly emails
- We will also use dedicated Discord channel for the league communication. It is encouraged to use the Voice channel (if you are comfortable) during the league hosted sessions
- Car: we will rotate between M8 GTE and M4 GT3 each season
- Time of Day (TOD) will vary (unless night race is announced)
- Weather: automatically generated
- Track condition: marbles will be cleaned between the sessions
- Fuel level: 60% or about 15 gal. for the official race (unless pit stop is announced)
- Setup: fixed baseline
- Fast repairs: 2
- Start type: standing start on Wednesday night | rolling start on Thursday night
- Incident penalty system: first 12x (drive-through penalty) and 20x is disqualified (DQ)
- BMW CCA membership is currently NOT required to join the league (however it may change in the future)
- You must join our iRacing league to participate, please seach and apply under BMW CCA NCC League in iRacing
- You must have iRacing Road Racing license class of D or higher AND safety rating (SR) of 2.75 or higher to be accepted to the league
- You must have a good, working heaset with a microphone to participate in order to communicate with other drivers
BASIC LEAGUE RULES:
- This is a friendly, community-based, non-contact sim racing league (i.e. no hitting!)
- Blocking: there's NO blocking in this league
- Flag rule: in this league, if you're under the Blue flag (i.e. you're a lap down, etc.) then you must YIELD to the faster car coming up behind you where it's safe to do so and quickly. Use the iRacing radio button to communicate that you see them and let them pass where, etc. if you can.
- You must respect other drivers skill levels and speed – i.e. yield when/where you can, make safe and clean pass when/where you can, etc.
- Your actions will be monitored and noted, certainly in the first 2 laps and will be reviewed by your fellow drivers after the race if you cause incident(s).
- Similarly, at any time, if you drive overly aggressive and cause incidents to others (i.e. knocking them out of race, etc.) then you may be asked to sit out the next race.
- Intentional targeting, hitting, or retaliation will not be tolerated.
- If some of these rules are frequently violated and ignored, then you can be removed from this league!
- Remember, race hard but keep it CLEAN. Be nice to each other. We are in this together!
“The cars may be virtual, but the race is REAL!”
NCC Sim Racing Team
Sim Racing - Scott Kim - email@example.com